Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Benefits of Massaging Your Face

You do not have to spend hundreds of dollars to reap beauty benefits. Although it is nice to be pampered every now and then, some methods can be done in the comfort of your own home. Ever since I was a teenager I've always been very personable with my face. I'd melt down soaps in my old Easy Bake Oven, get a face brush and give myself facials. As an adult, this is still a daily ritual. Aside from cleaning, massaging is also a great way to show yourself some TLC. Here are a few benefits to facial massages:

1. GLOW: We focus so much on having pimple-free skin that we forget some of the other assets needed to have healthy skin. Glowing skin = healthy looking skin. Your skin can be pimple-free but it may lack that glow that defines your features.

2. PUFFINESS: Sometimes our muscles, tissue, and blood settle underneath the skin in one spot causing puffiness. Massaging your face smooths and moves things around for an even surface.

3. WRINKLES: Wrinkles are formed when the muscles are constantly tightened. Massaging relaxes the muscles. Focus a great deal on your forehead and mouth area because they are the most used areas with expressions.

4. CONFIDENCE: During the time that I massage my face, I release any current tension and unnecessary thoughts to focus on ME. That is my ultimate ME time. Anything personable is a great confidence boost.

TIPS:
-Some spas or salons massage your  face with oils, which may not be a great idea for those with oily skin. My skin is both oily and dry, so I skip the oils. Instead, I massage when apply my facial wash and moisturizer. I do not recommend massaging a dry face. You are applying uneven pressure, which would cause red areas or possibly swelling.

-Only massage with your fingertips and heavy pressure isn't necessary.

Here is a link to download a Beauty Massage App for your Ipad or Iphone: http://appshopper.com/lifestyle/beauty-massage

No comments:

Post a Comment