Friday, April 29, 2011

A Cheap Way to Deep Clean your Make-up Brushes

I've tried many make-up brush cleaners and they all seem to leave my brushes feeling and looking the same. If the products aren't getting all of the make-up out, then I know bacteria is still harboring in the bristles. I got tired of buying the cleaner when it wasn't working, so I started using baby shampoo. Baby Shampoo is mild and it leaves your brushes smelling so fresh. I've been doing this method for over a year and so far none of my brushes have fallen apart. Here are the simple steps:

-Squeeze a dime-sized amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand.
-Swirl your brush in the shampoo and watch the makeup wash out instantly.

-Rinse the brush in your hand by swirling it underneath a small stream of water.
-Be sure to keep the brush upside down to prevent water from getting trapped inside.


-Tap or squeeze out water with a towel or paper towel and then lay flat.
I usually let the brushes dry overnight, although the drying time is about a hour.

And Wallah!


No comments:

Post a Comment