Friday, April 8, 2011

“What I’m Loving” Friday

Every other Friday I will be reviewing and swatching some of my favorite products of the moment.



1. L’oreal eye makeup remover
I’ve tried many eye makeup removers. And I have oily lids, so I look for removers that are 100% oil-free. This particular brand has kept that promise. I like this remover because it doesn’t leave an oily residue behind like some other brands have.

2. Sona Kashuk Stippling Brush
I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation. It keeps the application light but it gives an airbrushed finish. I haven’t experience any shedding during application or cleaning. I will do a tutorial soon on applying your foundation with a stippling brush. This brush can be a dupe for MAC’s 187 brush, and can be found at any Target store.

3. Sona Kashuk Mini Stippling Brush
I love this little brush. It’s a more thin and less full version of a regular Stippling brush. I use it to apply my blush and highlights. This brush can be a dupe for MAC’s new 188 brush.

4. Cotton – Oval Face and Body Exfoliating Pads
I’m so glad that I stumbled across these one evening in Walmart. They are heaven-sent. This face pad is gentle like cotton on one side and grainy on the other side. To the touch the grainy side does not feel like it would exfoliate well. Boy was I wrong! This little pad can work. I normally use the reusable buffer pads, which leaves my face feeling a little tender. And I’m not sure how sanitary it is to reuse something on the face. So I like the fact that these are disposable. I’m not sure if I can use it on my body. It tends to get a little slippery once you wet it. This pad is perfect because it exfoliates but it’s not too harsh. And for $4 you get 50 pads.

5. Neutrogena DEEP CLEAN Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask
I have weird skin. It’s both dry and oily. It gets oily in the mornings and when I wear makeup. On days when I will be wearing makeup for  a long time this is a MUST-USE. This product can be used as a cleanser or mask. I use it as a mask to soak some of the oil from my skin. It really helps with the shine and oil problems that occur under my makeup (especially my forehead). This mask contains rice proteins, which is great for absorbing surface oil. I also like that it doesn’t try out my dry spots like my nose. I gives off a tingling sensation once it starts to work. I’ve also noticed that I have less blackheads on my nose.

6. MAC Pigment in Naked
I love this pigment as a brow highlight. It’s like a neutral beige with a light shimmer. This color is swatched below.

7. NYX Eye Pencil in Satin Blue.
Like the NYX lip liners, the eye pencil is just as pigmented. I like that this blue has a slight shimmer to it. This color is beautiful lightly smoked out. This color is swatched below.

8. MAC Cremeheen Glass in Partial to Pink
I love this formula because it is very creamy and provides a great amount of sheen. I like this formula better than MAC’s regular lip glass.

9. Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer
I’ve been using this product for about a month and a half and my hair has never been this strong with thick strands. I use the whole Aphogee line (I will showcase this line soon) and it’s the best. The Green Tea Restructurizer is used after you have washed and conditioned your hair. It’s not a leave-in conditioner, but more like a strengthening system. After using it one time I noticed immediately that my strands were very strong, but still held its elasticity. This is definitely a staple item in my hair regimen.


(Top to Bottom) MAC Pigment in Naked, NYX eye liner in Satin Blue, MAC Cremesheen Glass in Partial to Pink

Which items will be on your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment