Friday, April 8, 2011

MAC’s Pigments Cheaper Alternative

When I do makeup for a photoshoot I use pigments. Pigment is a highly concentrated colored powder. Just think of eye shadow, but as a powder and more intense color. Pigments can also be used as blush and lip color (with gloss). 

I was purchasing MAC pigments which are $19.50 for .15oz., and since they’ve changed their pigment containers, you don’t get as much pigment as you used to get. Well I’ve found a much cheaper and almost identical alternative through Coastal Scents. Coastal Scents pigments can be bought in different amounts. I have been getting the sample size which is only $1.00. And I purchased a bag of 25 containers for $7.99 to hold the pigments.
 
 (left to right) MAC Pigment in Heritage Rouge, Coastal Scents pigment in Deep Russet.


(left to right) MAC Pigment in Heritage Rouge, Coastal Scents pigment in Deep Russet.


(top to bottom) MAC Pigment in Heritage Rouge, Coastal Scents pigment in Deep Russet.
I have MAC Iridescent Powder ($23.00) that I mix into moisturizer or foundation for a lovely glow. Coastal Scents pigment in Sunstone is almost identical. I purchased it in the amount of 1oz. for $5.99 and this amount will last forever. (The amount of powder stops at the top of the label on the jar)


(left to right) MAC Iridescent Powder, Coastal Scents pigment in Sunstone.


(top to bottom) MAC Iridescent Powder, Coastal Scents pigment in Sunstone.

As you can see, the color pay off for the pigments is just as good as the MAC products. Coastal Scents have specials all the time, so you can get the pigments cheaper than $1.00. I purchased 20 different pigments when they were having a sale and I spent less than $15.

Coastal Scents pigments can be found at www.coastalscents.com. What colors are on your wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment