Monday, April 4, 2011

How Green Tea is beneficial to your Face

Don’t you just love it when you can include simple and cheap household items into your beauty regimen? Well here are a few ways to use green tea as a product.

Pure green tea contains powerful antioxidant properties that are 20 times stronger than Vitamin E. If you’ve ever noticed, a lot of skin brighteners and moisturizers contain green tea. The caffine is also great for puffy eyes and just waking up the skin in general.

While in Walmart last week, I picked up a box of Lipton Pure Green Tea bags. Here is how I used them and I immediately noticed a difference:

Waking up the skin:

Take one tea bag and run it under hot water. You don’t want it too hot where it will burn your skin but just enough to see some steam. Squeeze some of the water out of the bag and proceed to rubbing your entire face with it. The heat from the bag has opened your pores a little, so gently massage the tea into your skin. Before rinsing your face, proceed with your regular face washing routine. Rinse with medium cold water to close the pores, pat some of the water off of your face but leave it damp and then follow with your moisturizer.
TIP: Moisturizers, lotions, creams, etc… have better results placed on damp skin.

Face Steaming:
I try to steam my face at least twice a week. It’s a great way to deep clean your pores and dig out dirt that a regular wash does not exude.
I took 2 tea bags and let them soak in a cup of water for three hours. I poured the tea (water) into my face steamer and steamed for 5 minutes. Proceeded to wash and moisturize and my face appeared to be much brighter and squeaky clean. I think this week I will let the tea bags sit overnight just to make it a little more potent. I know, excessive right lol.
If you don’t have a face steamer then you can boil the tea stove top, pour the tea (water) in a bowl. Hover over the bowl and cover with a towel. Do this for 5-10 minutes. Follow with your regulary facial wash routine and mositurize.
TIP: When steaming, be sure to always cover your head with a towel. This will create a hood so that the steam will not escape and go straight to your face. Always make sure your hair is pulled back.
For eye depuffing I use MAC’s Fast Response Eye Cream, which is a caffinated cream that will quickly depuff your eyes. On days when I have more time to prepare, I will use the tea bags to depuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment