Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch’s Cheaper Alternative

So I’ve been eyeballing the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch pen for the longest time. But I can’t seem to pull myself to paying $40 for an illuminator. This little stick is supposed to remove any signs of fatigue and shadows underneath the eyes.

Well me being the research Queen that I am, stumbled across a similar product. The Avon Majix Illuminator. This pen promises to brighten the skin and banish any dark shadows, AND it’s $32 cheaper than the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch. The Avon wand comes in 3 colors (light, medium, deep). I purchased the medium and deep because I wasn’t sure which one would work on my complexion.

This illuminator can be worn over or under your concealer or foundation. One day I wore it over my concealer and under my powder, but I noticed it gave me the reverse raccoon look. So I will try it again under my concealer. If your dark circles aren’t extreme then I believe this can be a great concealer as well. It does have a slight shimmer, so be light with the application. I like how it turns into a powder once blended. Also be sure to use a primer under this product. Because of the shimmer it will show all of your pores on the areas that it’s placed.

(left to right) Medium, Deep

(left to right) Medium, Deep

Overall I like this product. I have not tried the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch but I am satisfied with the amount of illuminance that the Avon Majix pen provides.

The Avon Majix Illuminator is $7.99 and can be purchased on the Avon website: http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=40924. Please feel free to share your reviews on both brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment